Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /home/nazwebby/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Album Press Release Meaning
michaelt
Nazamataz
Post Album Press Release Meaning
on: April 30, 2014, 21:57

What is your impression when you read this paragraph from the new album press release...

"A welcome return to form, this may be the last album to feature original singer Dan McCafferty, who has had to stand down from touring duties due to ill health. If this does prove to be Dan’s last stand, he retires on a high note with his legacy as one of rock’s greatest vocalists assured"

I assume the band approve such releases so I am intrigued by the use of such phrases as "this may be the last album to feature...", "stand down from touring duties..." and "If this does prove to be..."

From what Dan has said I understood that he has passed the mic to Linton permanently. Why does it not say that Dan has retired from the band and this album is his swan song?

Any thoughts?

Keep on Nazing

Michael T

Stone_Blue
Post Re: Album Press Release Meaning
on: April 30, 2014, 22:22

I think the touring thing is permanent but Dan is still unsure of long term studio commitments.

I spoke to Dan at Christmas and he seemed in good spirits - and he made it very clear that is main priority is his own health, which is understandable.

I think this is to avoid shooting himself in the foot if, with rest, he becomes well enough to record in the studio.

Jukebox-
Casualty
Naz Newbie
Jukebox Casualty
on: May 1, 2014, 03:29

Losing the grind of travel and gigging will undoubtedly help him. Hope the cigarettes are ancient history, but I don't judge. Longtime smoker myself, unfortunately.

Ian
Nazaholic
Ian
on: May 3, 2014, 19:41

Then I suppose is the option of solo recordings Michael, just a thought .

on: May 4, 2014, 16:00

I believe Dan did say several years ago that he would love to record a soul album. First and foremost is his health though. As for why it doesn't say he has retired, most musicians never really retire. Dan I'm sure is among those who don't and therefore it's quite likely we'll hear Dan on a future solo project down the road some time.

Mike

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.126 seconds.