Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dan Solo album 3 ?
Pal
Nazaholic
Pal
Post Re: Dan Solo album 3 ?
on: May 28, 2014, 05:44

Why not an album with classic covers? It seems like the new naz album will be quite heavy, So everybody should get their part of Dan singing heavy tunes. I miss the sound of old time naz, with a bit softer tunes and Dan using a wider scale of his vocal. Btw, I cant remember any jazz album by Naz or Dan?

Dying-
breed
on: May 28, 2014, 08:50

I agree with Pal. I do not see the point in Dan doing a solo album in the same heavy style as the last Naz album, and I certainly do not want him to do covers of AC/DC songs! I would like him to do something different. I love his first solo album and an album in that style would be nice. Naz used to do great covers in the 70`s, and some of the are among my absolutely favourite songs. Therefore an album with covers is great. I also think it would be interesting if he could do some covers of more contemporary songs written in the recent years.

Cheers!

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: May 28, 2014, 19:12

Pal, Big Dogz had a very old-fashioned sound, and pretty tough. The Big Dogz powerfull riffs sound quite like Black Sabbath, and BS is a very heavy band. I also do not want any AC DC cover songs (BTW who knows, that when Bon died, Angus Young asked Dan Mccafferty to replace him, but Pete threatened to break Angus's legs for that :-) - read it a few days ago :-D )

If you're talking about "Please Don't Judas Me" - like tunes, it would be good to do a couple of such. But ballads, not soft rock with light keyboards and a background acoustic guitar rhythm... that's what Marshal Tucker Band got into... :(

I would love to hear some covers, like the legendary "Bad Company" song from the eponymous band's 1974 album. But the paino, guitar and bass sound must be exactly retro, as modern sound of old songs just spoils them!

What as to RECENT years songs, I don't remember anything good, as I do not watch modern artists. There's a great song by Lynyrd Skynyrd named "Ready to fly" from the 2012 album... it's got some hard rock parts in it, too. And this band has got a great motivational half-ballad song named "Still Unbroken", written in commemoration of the died members of the band. Yes, the powerful opening riff by Medlock is really scull-crashing, but the lyrics and the melodic parts are great, too.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: May 28, 2014, 19:12

:)

Pal
Nazaholic
Pal
on: May 28, 2014, 19:27

Agree, not ballads, but some more neil young, stones, maybe beatles, elvis... When a song is "nazified" it always turns out good. Examples is wild honey (beach boys), ballad of hollis brown (bob dylan) and beggars day (nils lofgren). All good examples from the glory days of the mighty naz.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: May 28, 2014, 20:29

Neil Young? You mean, like "Rockin in the free world" or "F**in' Up"? Yeah, awesome stuff, like the sound of his "Old Black" Gibson LP :-) Or some song from Crazy Horse repertoire? Personally, my favourite song by them is "Left For Dead". Quite an epic cracker, a bit similar to Queens "Gimme The Prize". Dan would sound great on Left For Dead.

What as to Rolling Stones, I'm not really fond of them, some songs are total rubbish. Personally I don't think they need a rhythm guitar player at all - Keith does all the job pretty good. RS went well since 1986's Dirty Work - Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges To Babylon and A Bigger Bang were fine, and the sound became more hard rock oriented, than it used to be. Well, a good idea would be to cover "You Got Me Rocking" ;-) The other fav's of mine are "Out Of Tears", "Love Is Strong", "Rough Justice", "Hold On To Your Hat" and "It Won't Take Long" (mine all-time fav!! - remember the catchy chorus "it will be over in a minute... yeah, it won't take lo-o-o-o-o-ong!!")

And yes, a Beatles cover would be awesome, check out Molly Hatchet's version of "Back in USSA". They've done a great job, lots of fun, they're delivering great material, like in every their album.

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.098 seconds.