Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /home/nazwebby/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /home/nazwebby/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Darrell
Post Darrell
on: May 1, 2014, 14:18

April 30th marked 15 years since original drummer Darrell Sweet passed away. It still makes me sad.

Mike

Jukebox-
Casualty
Naz Newbie
Jukebox Casualty
Post Re: Darrell
on: May 1, 2014, 14:51

What makes me sadder still is that he died so far away from home in an unfamiliar place. I don't live terribly far from New Albany and was going to go, but last minute changes sabotaged my trip. I'm glad I didn't, to be there when it happened would have been a terrible thing. RIP.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: May 1, 2014, 15:15

Rest In Peace, Darrel...

But still, don't know much about him, neither exact his biography facts or what kind of person he was.

Only know that he was a bank accountant in his youth and economist by education. BTW, somebody knew that Manny served in the navy as an electric technician?

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: May 2, 2014, 01:10

Helluva Drummer! and a helluva nice guy!! thats what I remember about the great Darrell Sweet! Ron

Adam
Naz Newbie
Adam
on: May 2, 2014, 19:56

Darrell has been in my thoughts too over the last few days. I had a read through the tributes in Razamanewz and it was an emotional experience, Mick Box's warm words for example were very powerful and Manny's short but touching message saying he 'loved Darrell like a brother'.

51 is no age to go. He is sadly missed.

Personally I was hooked on Naz from a very young age and it dawned on me that there hasn't been a week in my life I can remember where I've not either listened to music Darrell played on or was at least associated with.

One day I'd like to see the memorial plaque in person to pay my respects to one of the greatest drummers of all time.

on: May 4, 2014, 15:57

I met Darrell only once. This was during the No Jive tour. it was such a pleasure meeting him. He had a great sense of humour and loved to talk about anything and everything under the sun. I actually had my longest conversation with him than all the other guys. It was great meeting them all though.

He is still sadly missed.

Mike

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.463 seconds.