Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Devils advocate
Dougie
Post Re: Devils advocate
on: February 5, 2014, 11:08

Test

Pal
Nazamataz
Pal
on: February 5, 2014, 11:26

Dirk, my statement was not for you specifically, I just find the discussion about the bands future a bit silly. Dan has retired, the rest of the band is working for a solution and Manny is not in the band. I would also love to see and hear more from Dan, but I have settled with the facts. My beloved Naz ended 20 years ago. A good Nazareth continued till last year, I was lucky enough to see them in July. What would come in the future will never be the band that gave me Bad Bad Boy, Simple Solution and Please don't judas me. I'm sure it will be a good band, but never Nazareth. As for manny, I have enjoyed all of his productions and will keep listening to what would come from him.

Pål

larsbaekga-
ard
Nazamataz
on: February 5, 2014, 12:17

I 1975 I saw Pete play guitar in Guilty … Manny played the slide part :)

larsbaekga-
ard
Nazamataz
on: February 5, 2014, 12:18

In 1975 I saw Pete play guitar in guilty … Manny played the slide part ...

SokratesMI
SokratesMI
on: February 5, 2014, 13:04

Just one question: have you ever thought what that means to Dan?
I can't imagine he'd be on stage with his band but not allowed to sing!

But there's much than just this: his healthy condition ist no longer about touring, he said. Why should that be better, if he's still on a stage with the only difference, that he'ld not be singing.

Believe me, I'd love to see them live on stage again. And again. And again!!!
But I also think, we must accept what cannot be changed. And we must respect Dan's decision!

Dirk63
Naz Newbie
Dirk
on: February 5, 2014, 14:22

In my suggestions I assumed, Dan would like to be on the road again. I've never read that he won't touring anymore. He said, he can't sing live for one or two hours. If Dan don't want touring anymore, than it's okay. Maybe I've overlooked such a statement of Dan. I'm the last who demands something from Dan or the band. I wrote some ideas. And SokratesMI: Do you know Dan's feelings and thougths? If I were a musician and music were the most important thing in the world for me, I would play any instrument. The main thing were, I'm with the band and can play. But anyway, of course I respect any decision of Dan and the band members.

Dougie
on: February 5, 2014, 15:40

Quote from larsbaekgaard on February 5, 2014, 12:18
In 1975 I saw Pete play guitar in guilty … Manny played the slide part ...

Same in the mid 90s on the acoustic tour, they played Guilty though Billy did slide at that time

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: February 5, 2014, 20:30

Okay, but does anybody know exactly, CAN our beloved dan DAN really PLAY a guitar or bass? Or a synthesizer? I mean, to hold the rhythm using even several basic chords but not just stabbing the strings. I really got into a good mood when I watched Hugo Chavez play electric guitar :-) :-) :-) you can't watch it without a smile ;-)

Anyway, I would love to see Dan holding a Gibson Les Paul and striking a powerchord. Remember the song "Time and Tide" from 2011' Big Dogz - the words "In a rock and roll band with a GUITAR in my hand and a song to play"?

So I would love to see Dan on stage at least in several concerts playing rhythm guitar. The problem is of Dan's ABILITY to play. I saw lots of Naz concerts but I never saw him play guitar. In comparison - there is an old Dutch band called Golden Earring. Their singer Barry Hay mainly sings, sometimes he's got a guitar on him but he hardly ever touches the strings. HOWEVER! I checked them perform "Twilight Zone" where he showed quite good guitar skills. Then I watched some of their newer concerts and I saw that Barry can play not worse, than their lead guitarist G. Kooymans, but his main function is to SING. I wish Dan has such an unrevealed talent.

Dougie
on: February 5, 2014, 21:08

Quote from Nazfan_UA on February 5, 2014, 20:30
Remember the song "Time and Tide" from 2011' Big Dogz - the words "In a rock and roll band with a GUITAR in my hand and a song to play"?

Test

Nick
Naz Newbie
on: February 6, 2014, 00:56

Does anyone know what year this photo was taken please?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.252 seconds.