Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Devils advocate
Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
Post Re: Devils advocate
on: February 6, 2014, 07:43

Quote from Nick on February 6, 2014, 00:56
Does anyone know what year this photo was taken please?

I guess about 2010. And what's that guitar-like object he's holding in his hands? It doesn't look like a real one... a toy guitar? Or what is it? His right hand is positioned as if he was holding a plectrum, but I can't see it. I also saw this picture and even started a topic if Dan is able to play guitar, bass etc. but nobody answered clearly.

I read a lot about Naz, but I never found a single statement about his ability to play any kind of guitars. It's strange - not to play guitar being among with a good guitarist (Manny, Billy, Jimmy and Zal in late 70s-early 80s) and a perfect bassist (Pete) - I think they wouldn't have been against to teach him how to play if he had asked them.

Olgaolga1
Olgaolga1
on: February 6, 2014, 13:01

It is a concert in St. Petersburg, October 14, 2012. An inflatable guitar, this is a gift from a fan's on birthday Dan's)
I was at this concert. Dan really liked this guitar. ;)

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: February 6, 2014, 14:50

Olga, I think it's 2010, when I used a google search, it appeared in a 2010' article.
And inflatable guitar - you mean, a guitar-like dummy which is puffed up like a balloon? But what's the use of such guitar? And still can Dan play a real guitar?

changintim-
es11
Naz Newbie
on: February 7, 2014, 04:21

Quote from Ron Lewis on February 5, 2014, 00:17
I would rather give up seeing the band live ever again, and instead get a new Nazareth album every year or two with Dan. Dan has made it clear he could continue making albums with the Naz, he just cant tour anymore. That would be just fine with me, damn that would be fine! Ron

what a dream that would be, Dan is just too good to fade away,

maybe in this day and age of computers, Ron's idea is possible,

Dirk63
Naz Newbie
Dirk
on: February 7, 2014, 10:53

Yes, Ron's idea is great. But one problem could be money, I think. With CDs you can't earn money in these modern times. I think this is one reason (beside others) for Naz's excessive touring in the past.

Pal
Nazamataz
Pal
on: February 7, 2014, 11:28

Dirk, you're right. I guess for many bands, money comes from touring these days.
This is very different to the highlight years for Nazareth. They sold tons of records in the 70s and start of the 80s. My first concert was 1985 :-)

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: February 7, 2014, 15:54

We're getting a bit off the point - we're discussing Dan's ability to play guitars...

sergeydio
on: February 7, 2014, 18:10

This happenned in 2011 in Snt Petersburg. Cosmonaut club.Dan's birthday. Was there. Olga, yes, it's 2011,surely not 2010 and not 2012 when they played DK Lensoveta)

sergeydio
on: February 7, 2014, 18:16

Here's the poster of that show with date/

the Doc
on: February 7, 2014, 19:18

Hi all, I started this thread asking whether Manny had any claim to the Naz name now that Dan has retired and Pete is on his own. I guess he hasn't and that's good as we have all lived through the 'two Naz' groups era and it wasn't pretty. The thread has mutated however, so just to stick my oar in:
1. Dan will never play guitar or synth onstage - fun to fantasise but not reality;
2. Dan is (probably) finished as a member of Naz - how can he only sing on the albums whilst another singer does the gigs - that's just stupid;
3. As I have said before, with only Pete an original member, I think that Naz is dead. If Pete wishes to continue playing he, Jimmy, and Steve should continue under another name.

I am sorry to say, but I am just not interested in seeing Naz without Dan and I agree with others that Naz ended when Manny was sacked ( by the way, why was Manny sacked?). I also do not think that the music since then has matched Naz's best work, however, as a live band I actually think Naz has improved over time! How weird is that?

Not sure that my comments are going to be supported by most (any) of you guys, but I've been a Naz fan since '77 and I think that allows me to be an old fart and spout some stuff.

Best,

The Doc

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.113 seconds.