Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Devils advocate
Pal
Nazamataz
Pal
Post Re: Devils advocate
on: February 11, 2014, 08:24

They played Cinema as the opening act in Stavanger, Norway, in 1986. Heavy and good, but I missed Telegram :-(

guenter
Naz Newbie
on: February 11, 2014, 14:34

I guess we're a bit offtopic now but who cares 8-)
Remember the Cinema-tour in 1986 quite well. In Vienna the show started with Telegram I think, Cinema came later. My first child was born a few days before. Seems like yesterday ;) Nowadays she's going with me to Naz-gigs (if there are any more :o ).

Cheers guenter

Pal
Nazamataz
Pal
on: February 11, 2014, 17:46

Cool. Six shows in Norway, two in Oslo!

MKDorman
Nazamataz
on: February 11, 2014, 18:42

8-)

Nick
Naz Newbie
on: February 11, 2014, 18:44

The best live cut of cinema I know of is at the end of this:

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: February 11, 2014, 18:50

Thanks, MKDorman, well I'm sure that they know, but my uncle also said he knew the abovementioned reason for sure ;-) Still, it is good to know exactly, so this question is still open as it's curious for me and many others.

The riff of "Cinema" is one of the best riffs in hard rock among T Rex's "20 Century Boy", Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" and many others. I want to make a cover on it one day ;-D . Perhaps it's kinda nostalgy... since Cinema is the exactly first song by Naz I ever heard.

We're not gone off the point, as the forum has many threads.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: February 11, 2014, 18:54

Wow! The live version of CInema kicks ass!!! It would be great to hear them play it now. I just didn't get how a song with such a riff couldn't have become a hit?!

And yes, I wonder, who has played synth at concerts... I watched them play Party Down with a synth, but didn't notice anyone play keyboards... or it's just a sequencer program onstage?

Nick
Naz Newbie
on: February 11, 2014, 19:04

Cinema is one of my all time favorite songs. It's to bad they only kept it in the set for such a short time period :-(

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: February 11, 2014, 19:21

Yeah, by the way I noticed several interesting things about the song:

1. Darrel uses a cardan shaft on drums. I never heard him use it on albums.
2. Dan uses the word "sex" openly, also don't remember him use it before. By the way in Hire and Fire there is a line "kiss my ass" :-)
3. The lyrics of the studio version and the official lyrics are not the same, in part. 2 the official lyrics give: "You can have birdmen and snowmen, you can have women in red", in the album version there is "mad boys will be never seen with girls in bed" :-)

Still trying to guess how to play it. I'm pretty sure that the opening sequence starts with a brutal powerchord, but my bad hearing can't guess what exactly... :(

And I also always asked myself, why the other songs in "Cinema" album do not sound so heavyweight? The bass riff of "Cinema" is really a killer.

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: February 12, 2014, 01:29

Always loved Cinema, one of my favorite albums by the Naz! every song is amazing...Its got it all!! Ron

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.123 seconds.