Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feeling sad for Uncle Pete
zygi1
Nazamataz
zygi1
Post Feeling sad for Uncle Pete
on: April 12, 2014, 22:19

You know guys, it must have been so hard and sad for Pete not having his best friend sole mate alongside him at the gig, the nerves were there for all to see as Adam mentioned.

The gig was brilliant by all accounts and I am excited as hell that it all went well for them all, then I started to think what it must have been like up there without his mate that must have been so hard. I maybe wrong here but these two guys have been at it for over 45 years and for Dan sitting at home is just so hard to imagine.

I listen to music of all sorts but always end up playing the Naz its like a fix. I hope I am not the only one here who doe's the same, and I have not had a drink yet.

I would like to be proved wrong it must have some effect on Pete now going to have a few JDs.

Pete

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
Post Re: Feeling sad for Uncle Pete
on: April 12, 2014, 23:23

Well said. It must be hard for Pete, also for Dan - I can't imagine how hard it is to sit at home knowing you can't do what you love. But hey, those are pretty tough guys and I'm sure sooner or later they will deal with that. :-)

You are definitely not the only one: I listen to a lot of different stuff from Naz - let's say jazz, swing, Prodigy, Kraftwerk, ambient music as well as folk music, sometimes rap and hip hop, but I always love going back to Naz albums. :-)

and Jameson for me, please 8-)

Jukebox-
Casualty
Naz Newbie
Jukebox Casualty
on: April 13, 2014, 02:00

But you know, let's talk about Dan's humility and continued love for the band - going so far as to call Linton before the show started to give him, presumably, some final words of encouragement. I can't think of any other situation like that in another band ever. I can't help but love and admire first rate music, but when the music comes from a genuine FAMILY like Naz truly is, it takes on a whole new level of awesome. Best wishes to the entire band and God bless Dan.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: April 13, 2014, 09:31

Yes, I guess it's pretty hard to play without Dan especially at first gigs, but I hope everything is gonna be OK :-)

What as to me, I also listen a lot of rock/hard rock bands and some blues / new wave / funk stuff, but oldschool - if something new, than in an old "sound". From American rock I prefer Grand Funk Railroad with their hard rock, funk and soul bland (hope to hear a new album from them soon, wish to reunite with Mark Farner), and also Amboy Dukes, James Gang, Steppenwolf, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot, Kansas etc. Also the Dutch rock scene is great - Golden Earring, Focus, Fitch, Alquin, Brainbox, Livin' Blues etc. Of course, I like lots of British bands - Deep Purple and all the 70s Co.

BTW, if you wanna hear some oldschool bluesy southern-style hard rock, listen to Govt Mule, it's a great band (relatively new, since 1995, but the sound is like 1972). Yeah, and BB King is always great. Especially his album with Eric Clapton which sounds pretty hard rock.

However I could never stand punk and alternative or hip hop. I'm a bit conservative in this. I prefer something with a melody, you know.

What as to jazz, I respect this style, but I don't like guitar jazz, only sax. Since I play guitar for several years, I just can't get, how terrifying it is to play a slow endless solo without chord riffs and when the tone and overdrive knobs are adjusted to 0. I mean, the person perhaps has to be extremely old to enjoy playing this.

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: April 13, 2014, 10:06

I prefer sax jazz too :-)

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: April 13, 2014, 16:46

Im sure its a really hard time for both pete and Dan...I mean these guyz have been friends since kindergarten, no kidding. cant imagine it , to be honest with you. 45 years, and 23 albums. just really an incredible music milestone. im sure Dan wont be sitting around for long though, I see maybe..hopefully..keep our fingers crossed..a couple more solo albums from The incredible, brilliant one of a kind voice of Dan McCafferty. and I mostly only listen to Nazareth for the most part, really just dont need to listen to anything else..Nazareth has it all to me..pure 100% listening pleasure!! Ron

zygi1
Nazamataz
zygi1
on: April 13, 2014, 18:32

Hi Ron.
I hope you are right It would be a pleasure if Dan the man made some appearances as there is a big family connection within the Naz camp pretty damn sure he will be giving some guidance along the way they will take it for sure.

As for solo albums for Dan there has to be material and now Dan has an opportunity to do so and for the band which they never got around to doing with the heavy tour dates over the last 40 years or so.

Ron. I hope you are right fingers and legs crossed, but and a big but, if the tour dates start to stack up will they get the same opportunity again, one vicious circle really.

Jukebox-
Casualty
Naz Newbie
Jukebox Casualty
on: April 14, 2014, 01:57

It is a double-edged sword. Dan's seal of approval on Linton has A LOT of value... but if you keep trotting him out, Linton doesn't stand a chance. It will just keep reminding everyone of what used to be.

nyssefan
nyssefan
on: April 16, 2014, 09:57

Dan's blessing is what will make the difference here / only he could be big enough to do what he did. It takes a man... and it must have been hard for Pete to perform without his buddy, but Dan was right: the show must go on...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.993 seconds.