Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /home/nazwebby/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Nazareth Tour 2014!!!!
Ricardo-
Guilherme
Nazamataz
Ricardo
Post Re: Nazareth Tour 2014!!!!
on: March 23, 2014, 11:35

Probably just one gig in UK - the first with new Naz lineup.
It's confirmed now on Ironworks Venue: http://www.ironworksvenue.com/event.php?eid=643

(Thursday 10th April 2014)

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: March 24, 2014, 23:09

It's not mentioned the gig is with new singer. I guess this is not probably band's fault, just promoter's thing, but I can imagine some people might be surprised and not in a good way when they buy a ticket and then there's someone else they would expect.
Don't take me wrong, this is nothing against Linton at all. But not all rock fans check the news. And if the promoter takes time to write the band's history on the website, he should mention this too... This just might be kinda misleading for people.
But anyway - good luck with the gig, I hope the crowd receives Linton more than well!

Nazamataz
on: March 26, 2014, 13:54

If promoters are advertising the shows as Nazareth and not mentioning a new singer, that will not likely sit well with those who would attend a Nazareth concert to hear Dan McCafferty on vocals. The band, in particular Pete, really aren't involved in promoting the shows. They're job is to get up on stage and play. That's it.

Therefore the suggestion I made in another post would make more sense. (The Pete Agnew Band) It would solve the problem of misrepresenting the band. I know that Pete isn't going to change the name but... There'd be no confusion. Anyone going to the shows being advertised with a new band name would be going to see what this new band is all about.

It will be interesting to see how people react to Linton. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I wish Linton all the best!

Mike

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: March 26, 2014, 14:33

But there are still some music fans that don't even know the names of any band's members, so I think Pete Agnew Band wouldn't ring any bells in that case. I'm fine with Nazareth name going on (also because it makes easier booking for the band), just hoping promoters will start mentioning Linton soon.
Is anybody going to that UK show? Curious to hear fans opinions on new shows with Linton - also hope to see him soon in Czech or somewhere around.

zygi1
Nazamataz
zygi1
on: March 26, 2014, 16:41

I agree with Danyhella Mike, but we may be jumping the gun just a bit as the new album is due in April the promoters may start to plug it with comments on Linton vocals with the gig in Scotland, this just might be a benchmark for the band on how the fans and the music press if any I quote ?? will take to Linton. No matter what happens the music will be the same as expected with a few new songs added in to plug the Album, and if there are a few new songs with Dans vocals which are on the LP, we will never know how it would sound like with Dan singing it live. So at the end of the day it’s down to the fans to support the new vocalist / line up and plug it big time, the boys will be all fired up after such a long break and also the road crew. Good luck to them all they fully deserve it. I for one cannot wait to see the comments and there are going to be a few bad ones as always with a few moaners about. But with Pete at the helm it should go well. Respect to the Nazboyz

larsbaekga-
ard
Nazamataz
on: March 26, 2014, 18:53

I think Linton will be an excellent singer for Naz! - I can't wait to get an opportunity to hear him and the other boyz!

There is no reason to hide the fact that the band has got a new singer. On the contrary - as mentioned by Danyhella - it may create problems if people in the audience become disappointed.

I highly recommend that those in charge of the contractually aspects of Naz's shows require that the venues explicitly make the changes in the lineup clear for those who buy tickets.

Good luck to the boyz!!

Steuart L
Naz Newbie
Steuart L
on: March 27, 2014, 19:28

Looks like Inverness is the only UK gig, presumably a warm up on home soil. Just seen it mentioned in an email from Classic Rock.

michaelt
Nazamataz
on: March 28, 2014, 11:38

Hi Danyhella

I would pop up to Inverness but I am away for a few days around that time. Was hoping that a gig in Dunfermline or Glasgow could be slotted in but it does not seem likely. Probably have to wait until next year for UK shows though there are still some empty timeslots on the gig page.

Keep on Nazing
Michael T

russ-
wolves
Naz Newbie
on: March 28, 2014, 14:39

I too am unable to go to Inverness next week-will try and catch up with the boys when I can !

peterm
on: March 28, 2014, 16:14

Got my ticket today from ticketmaster and I'm travelling up from Wales. Come on guys make an effort, this is an historical gig, can't wait.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.159 seconds.