News
Recent Forum Posts
Future Gigs

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /home/nazwebby/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in /home/nazwebby/public_html/website/wp-content/plugins/mingle-forum/wpf.class.php on line 911

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Nazareth Tour 2014!!!!
Nazamataz
Post Re: Nazareth Tour 2014!!!!
on: March 29, 2014, 17:22

I would also add that Mick and Keith are the most important members of the Rolling Stones. Without them, there is no Rolling Stones. We definitely can't compare Nazareth to them. Maybe in the 70s when Nazareth was very popular.

I'd say the tickets shouldn't be more than $15.00 or $20.00 since there's only one original Nazareth member left.

Mike

That-
Family
Nazamataz
on: March 29, 2014, 17:35

Oh please don't compare the Stones to Naz. Naz is much better and Mick can't sing. I can't believe they made it as far as they did!!

Pal
Nazaholic
Pal
on: March 29, 2014, 19:04

Ruby Tuesday, who made the best version? Naz of course.

Nazamataz
on: March 29, 2014, 23:11

We are a little off the original topic but okay I'll play along. I like both versions of Ruby Tuesday but I will also give Nazareth the nod.

Mike

Adam
Naz Newbie
Adam
on: March 30, 2014, 09:05

Rod Stewart also did a credible version although to be honest I've never cared for the song all that much. Dan sang it well however if I'm playing the Catch on CD I usually reach for the clicker and skip it.

Adam
Naz Newbie
Adam
on: March 30, 2014, 09:30

Regarding ticket prices I guess whatever the price it boils down to how much you want to see each individual act. For example I paid £66 (incl booking fees) to see Rush last year, a band I've always liked but had never seen live. Typically I pay between £20-45 to see bands but I can understand why Stones fans shell out what for some of them must be a weeks wages. Naz in Inverness will be an experience for sure, had they of scheduled a show closer to home (15 hour round trip) I'd of gone to that too, going with an open mind, it's been over 2 years now since I've seen a Naz gig and I intend to have a blast! .

peterm
on: March 30, 2014, 13:33

Yes Adam, I feel the same way too. Having had the delights of a NAZ gig in the fleshpots of
Cleethorpes, Shrewsbury, Barrow in Furness as well as Bristol under the railway arches and the fire alarm interupted encore at Wishaw, it's just great to get a home turf gig. As regards the new singer I've put it to bed like this. Dan is one of the great rock vocalists of the whole rock genre, now it's time to give Linton a go, so come and enjoy the music. Band members come and go and that does not diminish their contribution in any way. Nothing stays the same for ever I for one am just delighted that Nazareth rock on. See you all at the Ironworks.

Nazamataz
on: March 30, 2014, 17:32

On the Canadian Ticketmaster website it shows a picture of the band with Dan and not Linton.

I don't know who would be responsible for the miss advertisement but Pete as the band's manager should clarify that Dan is no longer part of the band.

Rock 101 at least put up a current photo of the band with Linton in the picture. However, there is no detail about a new lead singer for the band. Ticketmaster needs to get their act together.

Falsely advertising this way is really bad business. (we all saw what happens when a show is advertised one way and then it turns out not to be what was expected) A lot of people who don't know that Dan is no longer in the band will go to the show thinking they will see and hear him. The Commodore Ballroom crowd can get pretty rowdy when things aren't the way they want them to be. I can only imagine how upset someone would be to have paid so much money and to have been misled by the way the show was advertised.

Mike

Adam
Naz Newbie
Adam
on: March 30, 2014, 19:05

Yes Peter I was at Barrow too, in 2005? Fantastic gig. They opened with Hit the Fan/Open Up Woman and went down a storm, I recall the near capacity crowd giving them rapturous applause as they came back on for an encore of Teenage Nervous Breakdown. Great night! The key thing for me concerning the new line up is its a change that's happened organically. I understand Mike's comments though and hope the lazy PR doesn't leave people feeling short changed, thankfully the Ironworks have made an effort to sell the gig properly.

Dougie
on: March 31, 2014, 20:25

Wishaw was a great gig in my home town. The fire alarm right after Morning Dew.

As for false advertising, seems to happen a lot with Naz. At the Alhambra show in 2008, they had a photo of the original line up on the wall of the venue, and the 'other' group advertised themselves as Nazareth too.

On the plus side, a £10 a ticket is great value for the Ironworks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.187 seconds.