Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Now What?! Nazareth will carry on ?!
Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
Post Now What?! Nazareth will carry on ?!
on: August 29, 2013, 15:43

Classic Rock writes:

Dan admits he and his bandmates are “a wee bit emotional” and haven’t come to terms with the news, but he says: “The music we’ve made over the years is more important than any member of the band. We always felt like that, and I can’t see that’s changed just because I’ve left.

“I really hope they get someone else. I’m sure they can.”

Naz recently completed recording work on their 24th album, not yet titled. “To go into a studio and sing isn’t like doing a gig,” says McCafferty. “I could always make another record, but getting up to do an hour and three-quarters, and get people to pay money to come and see me – I can’t do that.”

He’s going to take time out to consider his future, but says a solo album might be a possibility. As to the chances of a farewell show, he jokes: “It could be like, ‘I’ll sing for ten minutes, everyone go for a pint, than I’ll sing for another ten minutes.’ I don’t know how well that would work!”

So, it means, that the new album will be released anyway, and there's a possibility, that Pete, Jimmy and Le will take an another singer to play and record again?

There's a statement in English Wiki, that Dan has just retired from live performances. All these articles... it meanz, that Nazareth will carry on?...

Nazasi
Naz Newbie
Nazasi
Post Re: Now What?! Nazareth will carry on ?!
on: August 29, 2013, 16:48

I hope Dan goes into studio to record at least 24 albums more... :)

Morning-
Dew
Morning Dew
on: August 29, 2013, 17:56

Yes, or at least two more solo albums :D

Gregor
Naz Newbie
on: August 29, 2013, 18:10

I hope Dan singing on the New album.Dan and Pete now 67 years old and a new Line up with a new Frontmann i think Pete dont like this. For 4 or 5 years Pete say this is the last line up. I belive the most Fans understand this. Nobody can replace Dan because Dan is Nazareth. The best thing was now a good recovery for Dan the Nazareth man, Dont speak about a new line up
Nazareth Forever
Gregor

Have anyone Information about a new naz Studio Album 2013

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: August 29, 2013, 18:51

I guess that the most material for the new album is already made, so why not release it, if they don't have any concerts? Yes, the recovery for Dan is extremely important, despite does he sing now with Naz or not, but I'm not talking about this.

What about Pete... hm, Steve Agnew sings, and Pete can sing, too. But Pete's bass parts are quite hard to play, so it would be too difficult for him to play and sing. Why not try Steve? When Darrel died, the band took Lee on drums, and he does his job perfect. I didn't notice any intention of the band to split, so, why not? I also like the voice of Iron Claw singer, an another Scottish hard rock band which has done an amazing comeback album in 2011.

That-
Family
Nazamataz
on: August 29, 2013, 20:11

“It could be like, ‘I’ll sing for ten minutes, everyone go for a pint, than I’ll sing for another ten minutes.’ I don’t know how well that would work!”

Hey Dan, I'm pretty sure most fans would be up for that. I may have to limit my pints though. And then after so many pints it would be 10 minutes singing and then toilet break 10 minutes singing and then back to having another pint. Naz fans are understanding and we would come to see you and support this type of concert. We love you Dan, but most important, take care of yourself.

changintim-
es11
Naz Newbie
on: August 30, 2013, 05:02

Quote from That Family on August 29, 2013, 20:11
“It could be like, ‘I’ll sing for ten minutes, everyone go for a pint, than I’ll sing for another ten minutes.’ I don’t know how well that would work!”

Hey Dan, I'm pretty sure most fans would be up for that. I may have to limit my pints though. And then after so many pints it would be 10 minutes singing and then toilet break 10 minutes singing and then back to having another pint. Naz fans are understanding and we would come to see you and support this type of concert. We love you Dan, but most important, take care of yourself.

Absolutely !!

I am there !!

10 minutes at a time of a fantastic voice and singer, is a great deal.

Nazareth part II - long instrument solos !!

Jimmy, Pete and Lee. What a band !! They can do it.

Nazareth eats, breaths, and makes great albums and concerts.

This is what Nazareth does.

No reason to stop. The many fans that are left these days, are all loyal Nazareth fans.

If Dan is into a new Nazareth format, then so am I. I would love it.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Nazareth are great artists, they can figure this all out.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: August 30, 2013, 11:18

You mean, Pete, Jim and Lee will now play instrumental hard rock? Interesting. But if Dan says he's not against a new singer, than I'm not against too. Dan can appear on some concerts as a show-man, and Pete, or someone else will sing. Though I know what reaction will follow from Russia. Russian rockers don't like any change... many of them don't like Nazareth albums since No Jive, due to departure of Manny...

But I also was FOR the band's surviving even after Dan retires. I think it's a good time for a new single release! I bet it would be as great, as God Of The Mountain. If Nazareth decided to play speed metal, like G.O.M. , than it will be so!

changintim-
es11
Naz Newbie
on: August 30, 2013, 11:36

Dan can rest during long intrumental solos from the band. Dan said he would be able to maybe sing for 10 minutes at a time. That would be fine. The band are artists, they can do tasteful instrumental, intermission breaks so Dan can rest up during the shows.

Dan is so important to Nazareth and I think this makes alot of sense.

Or how about Nazareth - Unpluged

That would be a great compromise for a band that is getting older. Then if Dan feels up to it, he can treat us with a heavier song.

All I know is that I saw the show in Times Square, New York City and it was an amazing treat. Dan sounded amazing and I would love to see that kind of great Nazareth show again. Even a mostly unpluged show. Dan is very worth working around, as he gets older.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: August 30, 2013, 16:20

Not everybody likes unplugged shows, as most of people, who come to NAZ concerts usually like hard rock, that is electrically driven. Many of concert halls in post-USSR cities, where they played (not unplugged) were half-empty. That's why they won't meet big success in unplugs in post-USSR, I think. Of course, some people would come, but not as much. That's why unplug won't be very good. They can make separate unplug songs during the concert.

Dan can be a show-man on a concert, like hanging in on stage, joking. I think he still is able to speak. Most songs will be sang by the new singer, and 1-2 songs can be sang by Dan (10 min.). Or maybe Dan can perform a song with the new singer, augmenting each other by verses / choruses, like Ozzy and Lemmy sang "I Ain't No Nice Guy" together. The problem is, Dan wouldn't be able to tour with them everywhere. So he can just come on big concerts, e.g. Glasgow, London, Moscow. And of course I really would like to know who will be the new lead singer.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.199 seconds.