News
Recent Forum Posts
Future Gigs

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Rerecorded song with Linton
Klaus8000
Post Re: Rerecorded song with Linton
on: April 9, 2014, 13:55

To be honest - when I first read about 5 re-recorded songs with Linton I would have bet it will be:

Razamanaz
Dream On
Hair of the dog
This flight tonight
Love Hurts

So it is really refreshing to see they did a bit of variety here.

Besides - most Naz fans could live with a setlist without "Love Hurts" - this is not only in the former USSR - but the average Rock fan coming to a concert, or seeing Naz on a festival sure want to hear their "greatest hit"! So they would not get away without it.

Nysse GIrl
Nazamataz
Nysse Girl
on: April 9, 2014, 14:36

The mighty NAZ are BACK and on form! Seriously, the band sound heavier and tighter than ever! Congrats go to Pete and the boyz for choosing Linton; GREAT choice! Looking forward to seeing y'all soon. Oh boy, the rock world is gonna tremble at the new sound of the mighty NAZARETH!

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: April 9, 2014, 16:34

I think Linton sounds very similar to Marc Storace of Krokus. very similar indeed ,,, Ron

zygi1
Nazamataz
zygi1
on: April 9, 2014, 17:25

Great stuff on the tracks lads. I think the last one should be really heavy. I am hoping it will be Changing Times and Jimmy doing a new version instrumental at the end.

And a very pretty pretty please, is there some footage of the boys doing the new tracks with Linton in the studio.

Rock on Naz

nazcan1
nazcan1
on: April 9, 2014, 20:20

Nazareth has been my favorite band since 1975. But from these tracks, I'm not convinced that Linton is the guy. He seems like a fine, hard working lad trying to make the best of an amazing opportunity. But the issue is his vocal style. Sounds like he's straining, he has a vibrato that Dan doesn't really have and of course I don't hear anything close to the patented McCafferty sandpaper shredded rasp.

Linton, you will have to win me over. I will see you and the boys in Edmonton this July.

Naz Forever

Steve

Udo L.-
Mayer
on: April 10, 2014, 03:50

Hi!

I'm very happy with this choice! Seems to be a great and striking voice.
Nazareth, I hope to see you again here in Brazil! Curitibaaaaa!

Long life to Nazareth!

Udo

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: April 10, 2014, 07:28

Listened to Love Hurts 2014 version, sounds great, heavier, even better than HOTD!

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: April 10, 2014, 07:49

nazcan1, I'm with you related to the new version of Love Hurts and Hearts Grown Cold.

Klaus8000
on: April 10, 2014, 07:57

nazcan1 - you and we all (even the band) hast to accept the fact that there is no second Dan McCafferty. This ist not possible. But from the 5 recordings we got we can sure tell that Linton is a high class singer. Realisticly that's what we all hoped for and Naz deserves such a graet frontman! Someone wrote, Linton sounds very similar to Marc Storace. I remember when Krokus came out in the early 80s it was often said, Marc has a simular vocal and performing style as Dan McCafferty of Nazareth ... well, how much more do we ask for?

NazJoy
on: April 10, 2014, 08:34

I'm with Klaus8000. No one will ever match Dan. But a new era of Naz has just started: New singer, new voice, new performance of songs. What I've heard from Linton so far makes it easy for me to accept and support the new band and the new style .

Pages: First << 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.358 seconds.