Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Rerecorded song with Linton
SokratesMI
SokratesMI
Post Re: Rerecorded song with Linton
on: April 10, 2014, 16:13

Hi,
all I can say is, that I think it was a very good decission - Linton has a great voice. Of course is IS NOT Dan - but I say thanx that he doesn't even try to!
Dan was Dan, Dan is Dan, Dan will ever be Dan - the best there was, the best there is... (you know what I mean!). But Linton is Linton - you can hear the difference, even he is doing the same songs. And I think, that sounds very good!
I'm looking forward seein' them on stage! Keep on rockin'!!!!

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: April 10, 2014, 23:52

Steve, let me say a few words.
First of all - I respect your opinion that Linton might not sound Naz enough to you. That's fine.

But I wanna say a couple of words to 3 and 4.

3. - Yes, we didn't have any input on band's decision about new singer. I guess that's probably because Nazareth are not in any stupid Voice or X factor competition where other people decide about performers future. Naz has a long and rich history and despite the fact they take their fans seriously, we have no right to talk to this.
One more thing: I work in a music business too, as a manager and agent, I worked with many bands and I wouldn't let anyone else but band to talk to this kind of stuff. Most important is how the band feels about a new member. I mean, they are gonna spend an incredible amount of time with him now, they are gonna work with him, record with him, travel with him. Not us.

4. - If you really think they picked Linton because they didn't have time, then you don't know them at all, my friend.

Peace
Daniela

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: April 11, 2014, 02:01

Right on Danyhella !! The boyz know what they are doing! Ron

freewheele-
r
on: April 11, 2014, 05:08

to Nazcan1. We had 2 opportunities - to have a good memory of Naz, or to have alive, well performing band giving us that unique music. I'm for the second variant. It's even better that his voice has not much in common with Dan's, cause we do not have even a reason to constantly compare them. A different man, a different but good vocal, no comparisons, another epoch for Naz.

russ-
wolves
Naz Newbie
on: April 11, 2014, 08:17

Steve whilst you have the right to your opinion, please give the man time. You have heard what-5 re recorded greatest hits and give him no time to grow into the huge boots to be filled by the departure of Dan. When Linton has a few gigs under his belt, has co-written a few tracks and is beeded into the "Naz way" I hope you will change your mind.
As a massive football fan, I cannot remember the last time the Wolves manager asked the fans to pick the team the day before a game ?
Rock on.

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: April 11, 2014, 22:46

Good point with Wolves!

And yes, Steve, try to give Linton time. Don't judge him after hearing a couple of rerecorded songs. We all should go to a gig to hear and see it live and then we can make a complete opinion.

nazcan1
nazcan1
on: April 12, 2014, 01:23

Interesting...

My comments and opinions were based on the posted re-recordings, which is what this thread is about. Experiencing Nazareth with Linton in a live situation, which I intend to, is another issue.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Naz Forever

Steve

alex
Naz Newbie
alex
on: April 12, 2014, 06:32

Quote from Danyhella on April 10, 2014, 23:52
Steve, let me say a few words.
First of all - I respect your opinion that Linton might not sound Naz enough to you. That's fine.

But I wanna say a couple of words to 3 and 4.

3. - Yes, we didn't have any input on band's decision about new singer. I guess that's probably because Nazareth are not in any stupid Voice or X factor competition where other people decide about performers future. Naz has a long and rich history and despite the fact they take their fans seriously, we have no right to talk to this.
One more thing: I work in a music business too, as a manager and agent, I worked with many bands and I wouldn't let anyone else but band to talk to this kind of stuff. Most important is how the band feels about a new member. I mean, they are gonna spend an incredible amount of time with him now, they are gonna work with him, record with him, travel with him. Not us.

4. - If you really think they picked Linton because they didn't have time, then you don't know them at all, my friend.

Peace
Daniela

wow Daniela , it seems you have to be moved up to new press officer of Nazareth , hmmmm ?!

Pal
Nazaholic
Pal
on: April 12, 2014, 07:24

Shouldnt we all be press officers for our band?

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: April 12, 2014, 09:17

Lol. I just always want to have things clear :-D I think letting fans to decide with whom they are gonna spend many years together is ridiculous as well as the idea the band didn't really care so they picked one of a few first options.

Steve - right on man - this thread is about rerecorded songs - I like three of them and I'm not keen about two of those five. But I'm not gonna judge if this works or not for me unless I have a chance to see and hear Linton perform live. That can be completely different vibe than from record.

Pages: First << 3 4 5 [6] 7
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.21 seconds.