News
Recent Forum Posts
Future Gigs

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Rerecorded song with Linton
michaelt
Nazamataz
Post Re: Rerecorded song with Linton
on: April 12, 2014, 12:10

These re recordings are part of the watershed moment for the band. I am pleased that they did this and sound tight, purposeful with an updated feel.

Linton has a very challenging task in front of him. He is a talented rock singer though I am not surprised that my initial reaction to these re recordings was not exactly jumping for joy. It is going to take some time to get used to a different vocal style. And it is going to take time for Linton to grow into the role, develop within the band and influence the music.

I prefer vocalists who deliver a style that is raw, yet is still soulful...Dan, Frankie Miller, Joe Cocker...that is natural, not forced. There is nothing worse than a rock screamer and thankfully Linton is certainly not that. He sings in a higher range and for me it feels more of an "American" rock style.

I look forward to seeing Linton sing live, though UK gigs may not happen this year, to experience his style and delivery in the live setting and for his vocal style to be the new and accepted sound of Naz.

Keep on Nazing

Michael T

alex
Naz Newbie
alex
on: April 19, 2014, 14:42

Just listened to hearts grown cold ... linton you are the man , your voice is amazing ... i hope to see Nazareth also in Austria this year !!!
Nazareth forever !

Beauvoir
Naz Newbie
Beauvoir
on: August 26, 2014, 04:41

Where can I find this?

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: August 26, 2014, 07:25

Dear Beauvoir,

you can find the songs with Linton in the juke box left above on this site.

Cheers!

Dirk

slipkid
on: September 22, 2014, 04:55

Dissenting vote.

I hesitate to post this for fear of offending anyone I have to be honest. I say this as a fan who has every album (several times over), has seen the band multiple times, and has discussed this with other fans who feel exactly the same way.....

Linton may be a "good" vocalist for some other band but he does not work for Nazareth. It is just painful to hear him sing these songs. You don't need to get a Dan clone (impossible to do of course), but replacing him with a singer who sounds like he would be a good fit for the band Survivor (Eye of the Tiger - remember that?) doesn't work. It's like hearing AC/DC with Steve Perry or Freddie Mercury singing. It doesn't compute.

I'm not the biggest Axl Rose fan in the world but even he would be a better fit than Linton - Axl is supposedly a big Nazareth fan so why not ask him? If nothing else it would greatly raise the band's profile. Probably a pretty crazy idea but what the heck....trade Linton for Axl. Let Linton front what passes for GunsNRoses these days.

Please don't flame me for voicing my opinion, but I am ducking for cover now anyways....

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: September 22, 2014, 07:12

Personally I do not like GnR except several songs like Back Off Bitch.
John Fogerty would be a great variant, a great voice ranging from country pop to heavy metal, but he's quite old now, he gotta be about 67-68.

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: September 22, 2014, 10:22

Slipkid, I don't flame you. In my point of view, you are partially right. Linton's voice doesn't really fit to Naz. But I think the same is valid for the voice of Axl Rose. I think, the music of Naz needs a dark, rough and extraordinary voice. That's an important part of whats the Naz-musics makes different (great).

Pages: First << 4 5 6 [7]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.145 seconds.