Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RocknRoll Telephone-my studio recollections
russ-
wolves
Naz Newbie
Post RocknRoll Telephone-my studio recollections
on: April 2, 2014, 14:03

Hi all
Just thought I would try and remember being lucky enough to be invited to the studio whilst the boys were recording the new album and share my memories with you.
It was very very interesting to see and hear the individual and collective ideas working on each track and we were lucky enough to be invited to perform handclapping duties on one of the tracks-forgive me if I am wrong here but I think it was Back2B4. That track from memory had a great summer accoustic feel, along the lines of A Day At The Beach meets Love Leads To Madness !
We were also lucky enough to hear six or seven of the (at the time) nealry finished tracks and of the ones we heard, 4 or 5 featured heavy guitar riffs and a fast pace-along the lines of God Of The Mountain which I know is featured. The other couple we heard had very very catchy choruses -the type that you just cant stop singing to yourself !
Obviously that leaves 4 or 5 songs that were drum or drum/bass/guitar tracks only at the time so very difficult to say much about those.
All in all the boys were in fine form and the songs exceptionally good and shorter/punchier than the tracks that appeared on Big Dogs.
With the right promotion, this could be a very big seller and certainly a fine addition to the bands catalogue.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
Post Re: RocknRoll Telephone-my studio recollections
on: April 2, 2014, 17:17

Hi, thanks for the information! The G.O.M. recording on RNRT the same as on the single version? And Big Dogz songs are all quite punchy and heavy :) Especially I loved the rough and muscular bass sound. Hope it will be similar in RNRT ;)

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: April 2, 2014, 23:21

Thanks Russ! Cant wait! sounds like a killer album, just like the last 22! Ron

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: April 3, 2014, 11:51

Thank you Russ. I actually hope it would be more like The Newz than Big Dogz when it gets to comparing - I kinda didn't enjoy the sound of BD also because too sharp sound of cymbals.
Anyway, sounds very promising, looking forward to the new piece from the boyz.

Pal
Nazaholic
Pal
on: April 3, 2014, 17:39

Agree, I like the newz better than Big dogs, maybe because I like the softer side of naz better than the heavy stuff.

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: April 3, 2014, 20:47

I like both sides, but never found my way to Big Dogz album besides that sound thing I mentioned (talking about mastering, not the sound of the band) I guess it's also because I probably expected more in general - The Newz had so many styles on one album and everything just felt right - every piece was special and I remembered that. After listening to BD a couple of times, it all still sounds the same to me - kinda like listening to one very long song.
On the other hand - there are plenty people who loved BD.
Anyway - hoping for some surprise from the band. :-)

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: April 4, 2014, 03:22

I liked big dogz better than the newz, see i have to be different! lol.. just a matter of personal taste , I guess.just really love the songs on big dogz,especially time and tide... incredible song!! of course everytime the Naz puts out an album, its my favorite one, so when they release RNRT It will be my favorite Naz album for the time being!! Take care Ron P.S man, do I love sleeptalker too!!!!

T_Higginz
Nazaholic
T_Higginz
on: April 6, 2014, 07:52

Nice to hear your recollections from the recording Russ.
I would've loved to be a part in the handclapping. Naz used that on some of the early 70's tracks very successfully.
I'm glad to hear that the rock songs appear to be shorter and more punchier. Cause I didn't like the long songs that didn't add any value or new content for being this long on Big Dogz. Example 'Time and Tide' which is a fairly good song initially. However It could've easily been boiled down from 7:21 to a terrific 3:50 min song. 'Butterfly' is another example. (My opinion)
I'm looking forward to hear 'RNRT' very much. I think It's already generated a certain hype!. As you said, greatly promoted this should be a big seller for the band! :)

Here I am Flying, Looking down on Mother Earth Below...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.231 seconds.