News
Future Gigs

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rough Boys - Intro
T_Higginz
Nazaholic
T_Higginz
Post Rough Boys - Intro
on: July 25, 2014, 21:01

Pete Townshend released an album in 1980 featuring the song "Rough Boys" which Nazareth used in their live shows as a show opener, before the band entered the stage. For how many years did they use this song?.
I saw Naz in Stockholm back in 1996 and if my memory recalls me right, they used it then too.

Here I am Flying, Looking down on Mother Earth Below...

Beauvoir
Naz Newbie
Beauvoir
Post Re: Rough Boys - Intro
on: July 26, 2014, 06:02

Pete's "Empty Glass" album is great.
In fact in tribute I'm emptying a few glasses tonight myself!

guenter
Naz Newbie
on: July 30, 2014, 06:30

Thomas!
Can't answer your question exactly, there are far better Nazologists than me out there! I didn't catch them in the early 80s but when I first saw them live 85 they sure used "Rough Boys" as intro. If you listen to 'Snaz/Telegram from 81 you can also hear the last chords of the song before Telegram starts. And I think they switched to the bagpipe tune after Darrel had passed away or so. So that would make at least about 20 years.
guenter

michaelt
Nazamataz
on: July 30, 2014, 10:06

For the No Jive tour, certainly in the UK in 1992, the opener was the theme tune from the British comedy series "It Aint Have Hot Mum"...."Meet the gang cause the boys are here, the boys to entertain you...music and laughter to help you on your way......

YouTube will no doubt have a version.

I really should get out more.

Keep on Nazing

Michael T

michaelt
Nazamataz
on: July 30, 2014, 10:11

For The Catch tour in the UK the whole song was played as an intro with the lights going down about half way through.

Keep on Nazing

Michael T

T_Higginz
Nazaholic
T_Higginz
on: August 4, 2014, 11:37

Thanks Guenter and Michael-T ! Yea that seems about right. I think It was a great show intro back then. The bagpipes.... well, they sound like you want to put the audience to sleep ;)

Here I am Flying, Looking down on Mother Earth Below...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.283 seconds.