News
Recent Forum Posts
Future Gigs

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The quiet Canadian
fasteddy
fasteddy
Post The quiet Canadian
on: August 30, 2013, 00:15

I was once asked by Willie McQuillan if I ever spoke, I replied yes Willie but usually only when I have something to say. It seems that day has arrived.
I`ve been a fan of Nazareth since I was 14 but had never imagined I would see them live let alone actually ever meet the band. One night many years ago a very good friend asked me along to see "the best band to ever come out of Scotland". Once I was convinced that he didn't mean Bay City Rollers or The Proclaimers I accepted.
That night is a bit of a blur but I do remember how it changed my life, particularly my outlook on life. This night was the only time I met Darrell {R.I.P.} Anyways, after the show I slid into the only empty seat on the bus. This seat just happened to be right beside one of the heroes of my youth... crap... I was sitting next to the legend himself...Dan McCafferty. To say I was star struck would be an immense understatement, I was immediately put at ease when he launched into a conversation that felt to me like I was speaking with somebody I had known for years. I came to realize Just how genuine and down to earth Dan is. I thought to myself, this is a guy that rises in the morning and puts his trousers on one leg at a time, just like me and everyone else I know.

In the years that have followed there have been countless shows, from the Homecoming gig in Glasgow to the trip to Florida to follow the boyz around to many, many shows across the province of British Columbia.
At all of these I was made to feel like a member of the extended Nazareth family, and as such there are a number of people that I want to extend my extreme gratitude.

The bus drivers that I`ve met : Rick "too tall", Rex, and Gerry.

The crew past and present : Tam, Stevie, Rab, Phil, Blair, and Marc. Willie, Colin, and Ronnie D {thanks for playing tour guide in Scotland in 01}

The band past and current : Pete , Jimmy, and Lee. Ronnie Leahy, Darrell, and Billy { I`ll never forget unplugged at Sinky`s Homecoming weekend} Manny, although I never had the chance to meet you your contributions remain a big part of the soundtrack of my life.

The people that I`ve met and the friends that I`ve made over the years...you all know who you are.

Ian, buddy thank you for that October night those many years ago.

And finally a special thank you to Dan McCafferty for making an acquaintance feel like a friend.

" in the song of my life...."

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.09 seconds.