News
Recent Forum Posts
Future Gigs

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Theft
the Doc
Post Theft
on: June 5, 2014, 11:08

Dear all,

I am very surprised that no one has responded to 'pissed off Pete' and his comments about free access to RNRT.

I have stated before in this forum that I will not continue to see future Naz gigs nor buy future albums - RNRT will be my last. I have taken a lot of flak from just about everyone regarding my stance. However, I have to say, at the risk of pissing even more people off, that the links published on this forum for free access to RNRT are a disgrace and seriously guys, if you love this band as much as you say, then:

1. Can we delete the posts? (Probably too late and what's the point anyway?)

2. Can everyone get behind the band, buy the fucking album, and ignore any attempts (now and in the future) to rip off the boys?

Also, and finally, we should apologise to Pete and the band, especially those who have already heard, and no doubt, downloaded the album.

Cheers,

The Doc

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
Post Re: Theft
on: June 5, 2014, 12:57

Dear Doc,

I think, your post is written considering my messages. I may apologize, but take into account the following:

a) I come from Ukraine, where piracy is an absolutely ordinary thing. The EURO rate of exchange to UAH is terrible due to our economic an political situation. Most people of our country do not have so much money to pay. I understand, that 10-15 EURO is not money for you, Europeans. That's why some people from post USSA (Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, etc.) consider Europeans as "bourgeoisie scums" and other offensive phrases. It is primitive envy. But it does exist.
b) maybe you should blame not me, but the ones who already posted the album for absolutely downloading on at least 5 russian websites way before RNRT was released?
c) those who want to download the album free would anyway find a way to do it. I'm pretty sure, that there are American websites, where you find it free, too.
d) I myself intend to buy the double CD, but a bit later, as I buy them abroad. They cost a lot here, and our e-commerce blows so much I even do not want to tell you how.
e) there are several different ways to download the tracks for free. I guarantee, that every person, who comes from post USSA and regularly downloads MP3 knows them pretty well.
f) "Can everyone get behind the band, buy the fucking album, and ignore any attempts" Go and tell it to somebody from Ukraine. People don't have money for bread. Student scholaship is "a joke" and most salaries are low. And the household services prices are ... high in the sky.
g) why not blame anybody for posting Back2B4 here with a youtube link? Every child knows how to download from Youtube!

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: June 5, 2014, 15:51

I will NOT download anything! I have bought the vinyl and cd, and now the Boxset. To be perfectly honest, I have not really listened to a whole lot of the RNRT album, just snippets, just because I want to be surprised when I recieve my music in the mail, that I bought. I love this band!! and will support the mighty Naz, in any way I can. Pete has every right to be pissed.. This is what they do for a living...Like Pete say's it is stealing, no matter how you look at it..Its stealing, and its not right. Ron

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: June 5, 2014, 18:58

Nazfan_UA, this is no excuse. Everybody in Ukraine has an iPhone. But no money for a CD or music download? And if piracy is ordinary in Ukraine and Russia, than blame on Ukraine and Russia.

Stone_Blue
on: June 5, 2014, 22:31

One of the biggest problems dates back to the 70s and 80s and record companies' inability to get into the USSR and Chinese markets - hence this is where a lot of counterfeits and bootlegs originate from.
During the mid 90s, when I was running the Razamanewz fanzine, someone called Igor from Ukraine sent me a load of counterfeit Nazareth CDs to sell in the UK. I reported him to the band's label but nothing was done. I sent them back to him. I could never support that shit. He demanded that I buy them from him to sell on, he was promptly told to fuck off.

Stone_Blue
on: June 5, 2014, 22:31

One of the biggest problems dates back to the 70s and 80s and record companies' inability to get into the USSR and Chinese markets - hence this is where a lot of counterfeits and bootlegs originate from.
During the mid 90s, when I was running the Razamanewz fanzine, someone called Igor from Ukraine sent me a load of counterfeit Nazareth CDs to sell in the UK. I reported him to the band's label but nothing was done. I sent them back to him. I could never support that shit. He demanded that I buy them from him to sell on, he was promptly told to fuck off.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: June 6, 2014, 15:26

@ Dirk63

I'm sorry, friend, but you won't win it over. No way. Piracy is in every detail of the life routine in post-USSA. You can not overcome the mentality of millions of people, who are got used to piracy and regard it as something usual in their lives. It may sound awful to you, but it's exactly what it is like. I know quite a lot people, who undisguisely laugh at the entire idea to BUY mp3s or books via internet.

I also would like to augment one of my posts about the effectiveness of e-commerce. You know, that you can buy nearly everything via Amazon or other websites. So, my friend bought a (shooter) computer game via Amazon, waited for quite long, and the CD was spoilt. I myself bought a Half Life 2 licensed CD from a local computer shop and it was spoilt, too! The other situation: my colleague ordered a book on international law by a modern Russian author, paid for the order and so on. He didn't receive his order at all!

An other example: somebody needs a book to write a diploma work. He's got a month to go. Variant 1: to order, pay, sit and wait. The book won't come on time and this guy fails his diploma. Variant 2: to download for free and write your diploma excellently. Got it? I wish you'd never have an idea to order a digital camera via internet in Ukraine, since I even don't want to imagine, what you can get out of this deal for all your hard-earned money paid!

These are the reasons why piracy is epidemic in Ukraine... Why? Why does all this e-commerce suck so much? Why do hundreds of people in Ukraine get fooled by this "fair deals"? Why do people have to pay for something, which can easily appear to be broken or spoilt? People in post USSA trust e-commerce here to a much lesser point, than in EU, and you have to admit it.

What as to I-Phones, it's not truth, just a very stupid and naive stereotype! IPhones are used mostly by younger people, mostly pretty wealthy, who do not have any intentions to have interest in classic rock, Nazareth, or any other bands. They listen to modern one-note club music and they don't give a fuck about old school and do not think of buying any music, since their favourite club "musicians" release LPs on digital download. The people, who are oldschool fans, usually are quite poor, and do not have or use modern gadgets. And yes... the divide index between poor and rich in Ukraine is awful.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: June 6, 2014, 16:28

Next, can somebody explain me your awful phrasal-verbs based slang, I mean "piss off" and "rip off". I'm a translator, but I'm really a bit confused... of course, I'm familiar with different slang words, but look here:

1. "piss off" means "go fuck off" or "screw you". In Ukrainian we usually use a phrase that would mean "go away" or "screw you" in English, too. I do not understand, how "pirates" from Ukraine and Russia say go away to anybody by downloading album from lots of sites free?
2. To rip off literally means a robbery. Piracy isn't a robbery. It's closer to larceny. Robbery is uncovered.

Sleeptalke-
r
on: June 6, 2014, 16:45

One Naz fan in Ukraine is worth more than anything else nowadays, almost - so don't jump on his face Naz fans.

Nazareth have sold their millions of records around the World in yesteryears. And they won't sell anymore millions whatever album they ever release. Not in poor Ukraine anyway.

Live shows is what keeps Nazareth alive and kickin' nowadays.

Every Naz-fan is a good fan where ever he or she is from.

Boom Bang Bang!

That-
Family
Nazamataz
on: June 6, 2014, 20:06

All due respect:

1. No we can't change a million minds but we can change the mind of one fan.
2. Yes a Naz fan in Ukraine is worth a lot but not if they are going to steal what is meant to be bought.
3. "Piss off" is meant that: you made me mad."
4. Rip off is yes "robbery, stealing, getting something for free that was meant to be purchased."

Go to work get your paycheck stolen

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.151 seconds.