News
Future Gigs

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Your thoughts on RNRT
Nick
Naz Newbie
Post Re: Your thoughts on RNRT
on: June 5, 2014, 03:29

Like any Nazareth album it takes time learn and soak in the new songs!
So far, my favorite songs are:

Not Today
One Set Of Bones
Long Long Time
Speakeasy
Back 2B4

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: June 5, 2014, 07:00

@ Danyhella

Just try to go to the studio with all modern techniques and machines and try to record something like from forty years ago.

Not at all. If you want to hear such example, listen to Golden Earring "Tits'n'Ass" album (released on May 11, 2012), the sound is exactly like on GE's 1970-1972 album. The musical critics have already called it as one of the best in their 45 year discography. By the way, a very good band from The Netherlands. There's also a great Scottish band named "Iron Claw", they released an album in 2011 called "A Different Game". The sound is also very raw and old-fashioned.

Moreover, if all comes to guitar overdrive or distortion sound, you needn't use a bunch of commutators used for effects. Just adjust the tone knob to 10 and the amp overdrive trigger to maximum. Many bands used to play in the late 60s and early 70s without effects. Listen to Jan Akkerman play Hocus Pocus in the 70s, his Gibson LP sounds wild without any effects. Just what I've told above.

@ s. But expecting the band in 2014 to record similar albums as in seventies is a little bit naive I would say

It is not actually naive, it is totally needless. I do not want to hear Razamanaz-2 or HOTD-2. I want something new, and great respect to The Band that they do not try to recreate 70s albums, but to do original and new material. The sound of the album is not modern at all.

Sleeptalke-
r
on: June 6, 2014, 13:42

Naz should have dropped this atomic bomb (Rock 'N' Roll Telephone) of an album back in 1984 - instead of the extremely mediocre The Catch album.

I mean when hardrock/heavy metal ruled the music World big time.

Then The Naz hard road to fame and fortune would've been much, much easier back in the 80's.
Poor timin' - as so often with Nazareth.

But better now than never Naz I guess!

There are two albums in the Naz-catalogue that I really can't stand: Exercises -72 and The Catch -84.
Next exit the junkyard for those two albums. They have (almost) nothin' to do with proper Naz music.

But Rock 'N' Roll Telephone do.
The best o' the lot on the album?
I'm switching like a schizophrenic dog between the pumping up and down 'eavy blues-metal of the swansong Rock 'N' Roll Telephone and the 'appy-go-rock-a-roller sound of Speakeasy.

But I'll go with Speakeasy this time around!

Sleeptalke-
r
on: June 6, 2014, 13:45

Killer album cover by the way Naz!

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: June 6, 2014, 13:48

I don't have heard the new songs yet. I wait until the album arrieved via post. The critics in german language I've found in the internet are mostly not good. So I'm still very excited to hear the new album.

Sleeptalke-
r
on: June 6, 2014, 15:05

Sorry to say this (or rather not!) but your german friends are way, way wrong!

Coz this Naz album is wunderbaum ... eh, wunderbar.

Almost kicks the livin' shite out of sister-albums like The Newz and Big Dogz.
And that rather easy.

Rudi
on: June 6, 2014, 19:13

Yesterday, "Rock 'n' Roll Telephone Vinyl LP, CD Deluxe Edition and the Boxset arrived...
What a great album, thank's Nazareth!!

All songs are wonderful (wunderbar :-) ), my favorite songs are:

Back 2B4, Speakeasy, Long Long Time and Winter Sunlight.

The Reviews here in Germany are good - "Rockhard" Magazin 8/10, "Break out Magazin (Hard rock Magazin Since 1986) album of the month (Hall of Fame)...www.breakoutmagazin.de

russ-
wolves
Naz Newbie
on: June 6, 2014, 22:22

Brilliant-quite quite brilliant. As utterly biased as I am , this album gets even better with even play. Dan is simply incredible and the rest of the band right at the top of their game. Favourite track is difficult to say but I would say currently its "Just A Ride". Gentlemen-take a bow. The masters of the genre have returned !

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: June 7, 2014, 00:06

Sleeptalker, the german critiker are not my friends. ;-) I hope, tomorrow the new album is in my post box. Then I will see (hear), if tt is rubbish what my "german friends" wrote or it is no rubbish. ;-)

Dirk63
Nazamataz
Dirk
on: June 7, 2014, 11:03

Today the collectors box of Rock'n'Roll Telephone arrived. Together with the heavy viniyls of Boogaloo and Move Me. Great!!!! The Collectors box is made of cardboard. It's a pity. 50€ for cardboard - naja. But the record is great!!!!! Much better than Big Dogz. Thanx to the boyz!!! After reading the german reviews, I feared the worst. Sleeptalker, you are right. The german reviewers are wrong. And the heavy vinyls of Boogaloo and Move Me are great!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! The next 3 days I will celebrate all time. Have to buy a box of beer now! Rock'n'Roll!!!! ;-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.305 seconds.