Recent Forum Posts
Anthology
Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Your thoughts on RNRT
Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
Post Your thoughts on RNRT
on: June 4, 2014, 14:05

Since we can listen the whole album now online, what are you thoughts on this baby?

I played it a couple of times and I just love it. Can't wait to buy my copy - gonna do it at the gig propably. Think it's always better to buy it directly from the band, even for themselves.

So far my favourite is Winter Sunlight, what a great ballad. I also enjoyed Boom Bang Bang and Not Today.
Nazareth in all their glory. This album couldn't get any better for me.

Thank you, boyz!
Daniela

Ricardo-
Guilherme
Nazamataz
Ricardo
Post Re: Your thoughts on RNRT
on: June 4, 2014, 14:45

First, sorry for my bad English, but I need to say a few words about this great album and also tell about my gratitude to Nazareth for making the soundtrack of my life for all these years.

So... Thank you, guys. You are a very important part of my life for a long, long time... :)

I loved the album. I'm a big fan of Naz ballads since I was a teenager, so my favorite songs are Winter Sunlight, Right Time, Long Long Time and Back 2B4. But I also LOVE the other songs, especially Not Today and Rock 'N' Roll Telephone.

I intend to make a detailed review as soon as possible.

Can't wait to get my Deluxe (I ordered on http://www.amazon.co.uk).

Nazzare79
Nazzare79
on: June 4, 2014, 15:44

Big Dogz is their worst album of this line up while The Newz their best. The first one is monotonous without great songs /except for 'Radio') or riffs, while the second is varied with some great tunes and just a couple of fillers.
The new RNRTelephone is just in the middle: some anonymous songs, some good ones....anyway "Back 2B4" is my fav tune together with "God of the mountain" . Nice guitar solo on "Winter sunlight", the doomy atmosphere on "Not today" and the high pitched vocals on "Speakeasy" too.

P.s.
have you noticed where the "One set of bones" riff comes from?

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: June 4, 2014, 19:29

I would say Crazy...

alex
Naz Newbie
alex
on: June 4, 2014, 20:20

just didnt listen to this copys on the internet .
still waiting for my original ones !

nazamanaz
nazamanaz
on: June 4, 2014, 21:11

Got rnrt today (cd double cd lp and ltd edition....it blows you away...one of naz's best

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: June 4, 2014, 21:59

A really great album, not a single weak song. As for me, Winter Sunlight sounds so gentle... so soft that I would cry, as I'm so used to dirty overdrive sound. But the instrumental is brilliant, so hands off!

I got used to all Big Dogz tracks for 2 months when I realized how perfect all of them were... at some point I didn't like Time & Tide, but after 10 times listening it became one of my favourite songs... so give them a second try, and you won't regret :-)

My Dad, who also is a rock fan, listened to all the tracks today, and said that the new Naz album is brilliant! He's pretty sceptic to new albums, by the way... he also highly assessed Big Dogz, too.

Nazfan_UA
Nazaholic
Nazfan_UA
on: June 4, 2014, 22:05

"Punch a hole in the sky" is also a wonderful track, and it seems to me, the part of the riff is taken from "Hocus Pocus" by Focus, I mean the powerchord bridge before the yodel part (oohh! remember myself training and playing this really demonic riff!). Don't really understand how can you call this rubbish! Go write a better riff, if you can...

My point: 10 / 10

Ron Lewis
Nazaholic
on: June 4, 2014, 23:19

waiting for my album and cd, but everything I have heard sounds awesome!! killer Naz as usual.. They just never dissapoint me... never! my favorite track so far is not today. cant wait to get it!! Ron

Danyhella
Nazaholic
Danyhella
on: June 5, 2014, 00:07

Mike, I think it's also good to read different opinion. And I truly respect yours. But expecting the band in 2014 to record similar albums as in seventies is a little bit naive I would say. Time has changed, the sound has changed - just try to go to the studio with all modern techniques and machines and try to record something like from forty years ago. Not only that's it's really difficult, but I'm afraid not many people out there would care about such recordings. I would like that, many people here too, but you always need to think about the whole crowd.
As for the lyrics - for example: Winter Sunlight and The Right Time are pretty good in my opinion. Or maybe I just have that gift to find the beauty in simple things. Sometimes less means more. :-)

Pages: [1] 2 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.12 seconds.