Carl Sentance.com
Carl Sentance.com
facebook
facebook
The Naz Box
The Naz Box

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: How long you have been Nazareth fan?
larsbaekga-
ard
Post Re: How long you have been Nazareth fan?
on: April 21, 2016, 07:37

I was infected by NazMania in 1974. I had heard Shanghai'd In Shanghai in the radio but was not too impressed. A Nazareth show was announced in my hometown in Denmark. Me and a bunch of friends bought tickets.

Our main reason for attending the show was that we wanted to see the support band called Shu-bi-dua.

However, when Nazareth entered the stage I was sold and The Boyz have been an important part of my life ever since.

I saw them again on the HotD tour. Swedish Neon Rose was a fantastic support band. I was standing in front of the stage enjoying every second. On one song (I believe hit was Miss Misery) Manny played slide with a wine bottle. Afterwards he threw the bottle and a crew member had to bend down to avoid being hit by the bottle.

I've seen them 9-10 times since.

My first Naz albums were Razamanaz and Rampant.

Adam
Adam
on: April 21, 2016, 20:03

For long as I can remember is the answer! Seriously, both my parents, my dad in particular is a huge classic rock fan so I grew up listening to many bands I otherwise would never have probably heard, I just loved Nazareth music though, I was hooked and couldnt get enough. My earliest Naz memory really is eagerly waiting (and saving up enough pocket money) for the follow up to the then current album No Jive which I played to death. With no internet in those days I only actually found out that Billy was no longer on guitar reading the sleevenotes to a Castle reissue (about a full 2 years after he'd actualy departed!) In those days with no internet and the band not touring the UK for almost 10 years (I did eventually start buying the fanzine Razamanewz in the late 90s but didnt previously know it existed. Saw the band for the first time in 2001 when they toured with Uriah Heep and have lost count of the number of gigs I've attended since, I'd guess around the 40-50 mark.

Aaron
Naz Newbie
Aaron
on: April 23, 2016, 19:14

Thank you Ron! It was a great gig report. 😀
Thanks guys, great Naz- stories! 😎
But where are all the ladies? 😯

Lil
Lil
on: April 24, 2016, 13:48

I first heard them when I was living in Chicago, Ill. was immediately hooked on Mr McC's voice.
No big story from me guys!

Thinking Ian might be the oldest fan which is not to say he is old, wait, he is old! Hi Ian! lol So am I for that matter.

Deja Moo: That feeling you've heard this bullshit before ....

Ron Lewis
Nazamataz
on: April 24, 2016, 15:31

Your not old Lil, your experienced!lol and yep your right,it was Dan MCcafferty that did it for me,one of a kind...period!! Take care! And where is Ian? He didn't lose his password again did he,he didn't do something to get kicked off of this site did he?lol and I never read an issue of razamanewz,wish I would have bought them,they looked really cool,how many naz fans have them?

Pal
Pal
on: April 24, 2016, 15:46

1973 when I heard This flight

Aaron
Naz Newbie
Aaron
on: April 24, 2016, 16:29

All, except the first one! 😕

Aaron
Naz Newbie
Aaron
on: April 24, 2016, 16:36

We are many who started listening to Nazareth 73-75! 😉

That-
Family
Naz Newbie
on: April 24, 2016, 18:05

Yes for me 1973. My brother turned me on to them. He was at a concert but memory fails me who they opened up for. It was either Rush but the year doesn't sound right or Aerosmith. I heard Razamanaz for the first time and went from there.

Hey Ian we are old in years but young in heart. Most people tell me to act my age and I tell them I don't own a walker, so, sorry not gonna happen. LOL.

Eythor
on: April 26, 2016, 17:51

I have been a Nazareth fan since 1973, since I was eleven. I had been on a swimming practice and fell asleep and woke up with this fantastic song on the radio, it was Bad, bad boy and I got hooked on this great band and the guitarplaying by Manny Charlton motivated me to start to learn to play the guitar. Later on in my life, around the year 2000, I contacted Manny Charlton and he played solo guitar and mixed one of my songs. I still got that mix with his solo guitarplaying in my computer.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.103 seconds.